UT LEVEL 2 DIGITAL THICKNESS MEASUREMENT
This 3 Day course provides basic knowledge on ultrasonic inspection for digital thickness measurements of steels. Emphasis is placed on sound velocities, frequency, equipment, transducers, selection and instrument calibration techniques. This course is practical in nature, utilizes classroom participation, and allows for hands on application in the use of ultrasonic equipment for measuring material thicknesses.
This Course Will
- Provide classroom training hours in accordance with SNT-TC-1A and ANSI/ASNT CP-189 requirements.
- Provide hands on training with digital UT thickness measurement.
- Develop practical skills needed for practical examinations.
- Discuss and apply problems associated with digital UT thickness measurement.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for NDT technicians, welding inspectors, auditors, supervisors, managers, engineers, quality assurance/quality control personnel, and others who desire to improve their skills in this area.
Introduction to Digital UT Thickness Measuring Principles
- Background and basics
- Math review
- Compression wave
- Sound velocity
- Velocities in materials
- Snell’s Law
- Probes (transducers)
- Time base
- Distance traveled
- Equipment setup for compression wave
- Calibration blocks
- Digital thickness measurement
- Problems associated with digital UT thickness measurement
Group Participation Exercises for Digital UT Thickness Measurements
Certificate of Completion
Certificates are given to all participants upon satisfactory completion of course.
About Course Fees
Contact the respective office for fees details
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes