Certified Quality Inspector
- Created By admin@decibel
- Last Updated November 9th, 2021
The Certified Quality Inspector is an inspector who, in support of and under the direction of quality engineers, supervisors, or technicians, can use the proven techniques included in the body of knowledge. Under professional direction, the Quality Inspector evaluates hardware documentation, performs laboratory procedures, inspects products, measures process performance, records data and prepares formal reports.
This course can be considered as a perfect Entry point for Non Engineering Students towards Oil & Gas, Marine, Petrochemical, Fabrication and Construction industries
Minimum Expectations of a Certified Quality Inspector
- Must know basic quality terms, definitions and concepts.
- Must know the definition of PDCA and understand the team concept.
- Must understand types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales.
- Must know the difference between accuracy and precision and be able to select the appropriate measuring tools and techniques.
- Must know how to measure using surface plate layouts.
- Must be able to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution.
- Must have basic calibration knowledge.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics.
- Must be able to use inspection planning tools and perform a product audit; determine sample size for lots; pull random samples.
- Must be able to identify and report nonconforming material.
- Must understand traceability (product, material and calibration).
Certified Quality Inspector
Certified Quality Inspector is an Engineering Specialization Certification program for General Graduates, ITI & HSE Holders. After Successful completion of this program each student will be enough trained equivalent to an Engineer of 1-2 year relevant experience in handling various duties and responsibilities of respective industry. The CQI Professional may work in following designation at various industries
- Fabrication Supervisor/Inspector
- Inspection Supervisor/Inspector
- Welding Supervisor
- Welding Inspector
- Quality Supervisor
- Quality Inspector
- NDE Inspector
- Welding QA/QC
- QA/QC Inspector etc…
The Certification Program Covers wide range of topics and are not limited to Quality Control Only. This Course is crafted according to meet the Guidelines & Standards of ASME, API, ASNT, ASQ, AWS, BS and ISO.
CQI (QA/QC Course) is an Exclusive Third party Accredited Certification Program for Fresh Graduates towards the foresaid Quality Related Professions.
Course Validated by BQACS – Scotland & Recognized Under Personnel Certification Program Scheme.
Topics covered in CQI (QA/QC) are updated periodically to maintain the credibility, consistency and industry needs, hence the course syllabus is regularly revised by Professional’s who review or prepares the ASME, ASNT, API, AWS, ISO Standards.
Few Topics which are generally covered in the Certification program are,
- Introduction to Certified Quality Controller Scheme
- Welding Inspection
- Material Engineering
- Destructive Testing
- Non Destructive Testing
- Industrial Engineering Drawings
- General Industrial Health & Safety
- Maintenance Inspections
- Codes & Standards Familiarization
- Quality Documentation & Reporting
Education and/or Experience
To apply for certification as a Quality Inspector, you must have:
- +2, ITI or Graduation in Any Discipline or
- Two years of on-the-job experience in mechanical inspection or a related field.
Examinations are classified into General, Open Book, Viva, Practical and P & P Preparation/Interpretation
All General Examination will be Objective Type Online MCQ Based Examinations available for all participants according to the scheduled time slot.
Open Book Examinations are Objective Exams based on a given Code Book which will be allowed to refer during the examination time.
Viva Examinations are Supplementary to Practical Examinations.
Practical Examinations are based on check points and each participant must achieve sufficient checkpoints to clear this examination.
P & P Preparation/Interpretation Examinations are based on the Skill participants gained in preparation and reviewing various inspection documents and drawing.
After Successful Completion of the Certification Program, All Participants will be awarded with the Certificate of Proficiency, by the respective Professional Certification Body Accredited for Personnel Certification Programs.
Since Certified Quality Inspector (QA/QC) certification program topics meets/overcomes the requirements of SNT-TC-1A & CP-189, Successful Participants who qualifies the respective examination will also be awarded with Approved NDT Level 2 Certification in accordance to ASNT SNT-TC-1A latest edition following at the institution for the following methods,
- Radiography Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Visual Testing
- Radiography Film Interpretation
- Ultrasonic Pipe Butt Weld Scanning
- Ultrasonic Plate Butt Weld Scanning
Admission towards this course is limited for maximum of 20 Students only in an offline batch and 10 students in an online batch.
For Admission towards this course or for further enquiries