RT Film Interpretation
RT Film Interpretation (RTFI)
Radiographic Film Interpretation of Weldments
This 5-10 day course provides basic knowledge into how to effectively interpret radiographs of weldments. Emphasis is placed on the radiographic image quality requirements of codes and specifications. This course is practical in nature, utilizes classroom participation, and allows for hands on application in the review of radiographic film.
This Course Will
- Discuss the attributes needed for acceptable radiographs
- Explain various types of discontinuities in weldments
- Explain acceptance criteria from various codes and standards
- Apply various acceptance criteria for weld acceptance
- Hands-on viewing and evaluation of radiographs
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for welding inspectors, auditors, supervisors, managers, engineers, quality assurance/quality control personnel, radiographic personnel, and others who desire to improve their skills in this area.
All attendees will be provided with relative technical notes and associated reference materials.
Introduction to Basic Film Interpretation Principles
- General principles of industrial radiography
- Importance of knowing welding process
- importance of understanding bevel design/joint preparation
- Practical experience in viewing and reading radiographs
Description of Common Weld Discontinuities and Film Images
- Inadequate penetration
- Internal concavity
- Incomplete fusion
- Burn through
- Slag inclusion
- Weld spatter
- Film artifacts
Independent Participation Exercises in the Detection, Identification and Evaluation of Common Weld Defects.
Hands-On Application in Review of Radiographic Film.
Understanding Codes, Standards and Specifications.
- Radiographic procedure requirements
- Quality of radiographs
- Use of IQIs (penetrameters)
- Geometric unsharpness
- Facilities for viewing of radiographs
- Radiographic density
- Radiographic techniques
Certificate of Completion
Certificates are given to all participants upon satisfactory completion of course.
For Admission towards this course or for further enquiries
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 678
- Assessments Yes