API 653 Tank Inspector Preparatory Course
API 653 Inspectors Course for In Service Storage Tanks
This course explains the step-by-step method for carrying out inspection and repairs of storage tanks during the shut-down periods of Refineries, Oil and Gas Terminals, and other Hydrocarbon Processing Plants.
The participant will know how to conduct the external and internal inspection of tanks, how to check and evaluate the damage to the tank shell, roof, bottom and how to repair the damage, so that the tank can be safety used again.
The course is ideally suited for all Inspectors and QA/QC Professionals in Oil & Gas plants, Chemical Plants and Refineries. It is also useful for the engineers and supervisors in operation, maintenance and engineering departments. The course contents are as follows:
- Construction codes for the storage tanks.
- Brief review of API 650 code.
- Review of design and construction of storage tanks: Cone roof, Dome roof and Floating roof tanks.
- Effects of corrosion on tank shell, bottom and roof.
- Corrosion of tank bottom due to soil-corrosion.
- Inspection methods for shell, roof and bottom. while the tank is in service.
- Internal and external inspection.
- Repairs and alteration of tanks.
- Evaluation of Settlement of tank bottom.
- Methods for hot-tapping.
- Re-constructed tanks.
- Cathodic protection of tanks.
- Tank lining: Thin film and Thick film lining.
- Review of NDT methods (ASME Sec. V).
- Review of welding qualifications.
- Inspection Records and documentations (ASME Sec. IX).
- Review Quiz and Feedback.
During the course, several examples, illustrations and case studies will be discussed and participants will be given additional reading materials and practice questions for their study purpose.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes