API 570 Piping Inspector Preparatory Course
API 570 Piping Inspector Course for In-Service Piping:
This course explains the step-by-step method for carrying out inspection and repairs of process piping during the shut-down period of Refineries, Oil and Gas Plants, Fertilizer Plants and Petrochemical plants.
The participant will know how to find out and inspect the damages like corrosion, erosion, pitting, cracking and how to decide whether the piping is safe for operation or needs repairs. If needs repairs how to perform repairs (or re-rating) of the piping so that it can be safely used again. The course is ideally suited for all Inspectors and QA/QC Professionals in Oil & Gas Plants, Chemical Plants and Refineries. It is also useful for the engineers and supervisors in operation, maintenance and engineering departments. The course contents are as follows:
- Construction codes for the plant piping.
- Review of ASME B 31.3 code.
- Design of piping for internal pressure.
- Effects of corrosion on the piping.
- Temperature effects on piping.
- Effects of Creep, Fatigue, Stress, Corrosion, Cracking, and Pitting.
- Inspection methods: External, Thickness and Auxiliary.
- Inspection of buried piping.
- Estimation of safe remaining life.
- Repair, alternation and re-rating of piping.
- Repairs by welding, Non-welding repairs.
- Calculation of retirement thickness and renewal of old piping.
- Life extension methods for piping systems.
- Hydrostatic and Pneumatic testing.
- Review of NDT methods (ASME Sec. V).
- Review of welding qualifications (ASME Sec IX).
- RISK – BASED – INSPECTION (RBI) methodology.
- Inspection record and documentation.
- Review Quiz and Feedback.
During the course several examples, illustrations and case studies will be discussed and participants will be given additional reading materials and practice questions for their study purpose.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes